09 September, 2010

The Rain Storm

As today's storm system moved in, I jumped to the scene camera in one hand and umbrella in the other. What I did not know and what I had learned  had yet to come. Using macro in cloudy/lower light conditions can be tricky. Some things one needs to find key in this situation is flash. A flash can light up your subject, but it can also change your subject's color and that is when it may be useful to use black and white. In black and white, any color gone wrong or any unwanted color goes away and leaves the cold-hard subject. In this case, I used it as a last resort, but in most cases, I use it to express more emotion and feeling. However, it really all depends on what you want your subject to be, and that is all that really matters.
-Simply Complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Realtime Comments