02 November, 2010

The Work

Another Dia del Diablo for me. After I was finished with all my school work, more work opportunities arose. Over at a building that has been undergoing construction there was actual exciting work being done. Even though, I was exhausted and still had more studying to do, I reluctantly ran and got my camera and tripod. I really had to force myself to run and grab my equipment. Seriously. I had a mini-argument with myself for a minute. People passing by gave me weird looks, but I too concentrated on my self-argument that I did not react to them. I eventually won (go figure.) So I rushed  and grabbed my equipment and did a shoot.
When I reflect on the events today, I feel as though I should not have hesitated to go shoot, because if I do, I always regret not going. So now I will do my best to jump to the opportunities when possible no matter how tired I am.
Tips for the picture: when shooting strangers who are working or really anyone in general, it is best to blend in for those candid shots. If you are found out by you subjects, you have a variety of options: run away quickly, pretend you are shooting something else (actually take photos of different subjects in case they want to see what you did), see if they care (if they don't you are set, if they do RUN), or make an excuse like you work for a local paper and shooting for an article (but then you will get posing subjects). Whichever way you choose is fully up to you, just so long as you are happy with your product. Also, just to be prepared, if the opportunity ever arises, it would be helpful to be in-shape.
-Simply Complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Realtime Comments