22 August, 2010

The Post-Reunion

Sometimes photograhpy can be a hit and miss subject, often it really is a learn as you go thing. Today, I experienced both.
On the drive back from San Louis Obisbo, I missed many photo opportunities, most being very old and weathered barns that would look awesome if I had the right angle, but I simply got distracted and missed almost all opportunities for those shots. Other shots I got, I had the shutter speed too slow, thus causing the image to be sightly blurred. So the kitesurfers I shot passing through Malibu turned out to be blurred. I have learned two very important things today that any photographer should go by: first; when shooting while driving, use your largest aperture lens so you can set the shutter speed to the highest it can go, that way there is very little of a chance of blur, especially if overall your subject is moving at 90 miles per hour!(~60:driving + ~30: kiter). And second, always be ready to take your shot at the drop of a hat. Everything else: pray to God you can fix it in Photoshop!
-Simply Complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Realtime Comments