15 February, 2011

The Greater Heights

I think I may have discovered the secret to being a better photographer. I was rock climbing today and I no longer was afraid of falling. I had climbed to greater heights, found other climbs, and paid no attention to the consequences; I was a free climber. I experimented with new routes and I had made a few falls, and after it I was done, I realized how photography and climbing are very similar. I realized: how am I to take a great picture if I am tense and afraid? How could I do anything scared? The answer is: I cannot. I need to lose all fear and simply go for it. The answer is so simple: why should I care if I shoot people I will never see again? I'm a runner. If I get chased, I'll run and it's likely that I'll beat them. You only get one shot, take it.
-Simply Complicated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Realtime Comments